Thursday 26 August 2010

Woodpecker next for rally girl Bex


Burton Pidsea rally driver Becky Kirvan resumes her BTRDA Rally First championship campaign next weekend (4th September) when she contests the Woodpecker Stages rally in her Rally4Real.com Nissan Micra.

Kirvan presently lies in third place in the Rally First 1.4 championship and she is also leading the ladies championship. With two rounds to go she is keen to get a good result to build on her successful year so far.

"This year has exceeded all my expectations up to now, I am very pleased with my results," said Kirvan.

"My aim for the Woodpecker is to be as close as I can to the leading Rally First crews and get a good haul of championship points."


Rob Walters will co-drive on the event, the pairing having previously contested the Dukeries rally in June.

"Unfortunately my regular co-driver, Sherryn, has had to withdraw so I am grateful to Rob for stepping in. I've never competed on the stages used by the Woodpecker before but I'm confident Rob and I will make a good team."

"Hopefully our little Peart Auto Service-backed Micra will perform as well as it has all year and we'll be able to get a decent result."

The rally takes place on 4th September when the crews will start from Ludlow racecourse before facing 44 miles of competitive action in the nearby forests.

For more information please visit www.beckykirvan.co.uk.