Sunday 27 March 2011

Cristofaro to continue BRC campaign on Bulldog Rally

Teenage Milford Haven rally driver Nick Cristofaro will continue his 2011 British Rally Championship (BRC) season next weekend when he contests the Bulldog International Rally of North Wales.

After a successful BRC debut event in the Rallye Sunseeker Cristofaro presently lies fifth in the Formula 2 championship standings and he is keen to build on that in the Welshpool-based Bulldog event which he will contest with co-driver Rob Fagg. The pairing will use Cristofaro’s TEG Sport-run Ford Fiesta ST with support from Pirelli, Genpower UK, Autoglym, Millers Oils and Nicky Grist.

“We had a good run on the Sunseeker and it’s great to have a decent championship position in my first BRC season,” said Cristofaro.

“I’ve had a bit of a break since my last event in early March so I’m raring to go and I’m aiming to be pushing right from the start.”

“The event uses some very well known stages such as Dyfi forest but I’ve never competed on them so it will be a new experience for me. We recce the stages on the day before the rally and I will be making my own pacenotes for the first time which is another step on my learning curve this year.”

The rally has a ceremonial start on Friday evening in Welshpool town centre with the competition taking place over 85 miles of tough forest stages on Saturday.

Please visit http://www.nickcristofaro.co.uk/ for more information on Cristofaro’s rallying.