Sunday 28 August 2011

Morgan aims for top of the class on Woodpecker

Bangor on Dee’s Harry Morgan will return to rally action next weekend when he contests the Ludlow-based Woodpecker Stages, round 7 of the BTRDA Rally First championship which he is contesting this year.

Morgan made his rallying debut on last year’s Woodpecker and he is confident that his experience of the stages will give him a good advantage on this years event.

“I’m really looking forward to the event, I’ve learned so much since last year and I feel that I will be much quicker this time out. It will be interesting to compare my times where the stages are the same.”

“The car is all together, looking great and ready to go. The rally has attracted a good entry in the Rally First 1.0 class so there should be some really close competition. Hopefully the recent rain will mean that dust is not a problem.”

Morgan presently lies in third place in the Rally First 1.0 championship but he is only two points behind the second-placed driver.

“I’ve finished second in class on the last two events and I’m hopeful of a similar good result on the Woodpecker, ideally I’d like to go one better and get the class win. There are just two events to go and I’m aiming to get into second in the championship by the season end.”

The rally starts from Ludlow racecourse on Saturday morning (3rd September) with the crews facing a challenging route including the notoriously tricky Radnor forest.

Please visit www.harryrally.co.uk for more information on Harry Morgan’s rallying.